Pay: Salary based on experience
Usual Hours Per Week: Full-Time
Shift/Work Days: Monday – Friday
Number of Openings: 1
Exodus Global, provider of quality attachments for the scrap recycling, construction, demolition, and mining industry worldwide, has an opening for an experienced Buyer in manufacturing. Exodus Global with its four divisions, ShearCore, BladeCore, OilQuick USA and Connect Work Tools, is a growing manufacturing firm located in Superior Wisconsin.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, and quality assurance. The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous. If you are looking for a fast paced, challenging position with competitive pay and benefits please contact us today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze price proposals, financial and other data information to determine reasonable prices
- Evaluate and monitor agreements and performance of assigned suppliers
- Maintain and review computerized and/or manual records of items purchased, cost, deliveries, and performance
- Interview suppliers, negotiate pricing and deliveries
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit quotes, and update operating system as required
- Purchase the highest quality product at the lowest possible price, accurate amounts, and timely delivery
- Monitor changes affecting supply and demand
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods arrive on time.
- Communicate any changes in deliveries and pricing to all departments
- Confer with staff, users, and supplier on any unacceptable or defective goods and determine corrective action
Minimum Requirements of Employer:
- 2+ years of purchasing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills
Preferred Requirements of Employer:
- 5+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing process and principles
Benefits: Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan + Company match
|Job Category||Exodus Global Office Team|